Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Weird Interests of Weird Kids



Well, our first grader finally turned 6 years old, and we celebrated his birthday. Of course, it wasn't sports equipment, toys, or games that he really wanted. No......he was dying for an atlas, piano music, and science books.

There is some sort of obsession that he has with maps. I don't know what it is really. He will take the phone books with us whenever we go out and will just study the maps as I drive.

He spends hours at a time just going over maps and atlases. And then he's analyzing the phone book maps telling me that this phone book messed up because it's labeled Interstate 15 as Interstate 89 and that's wrong, and I'm thinking this boy doesn't drive, and I don't go around talking about street names or what freeway I'm driving on, so how does he even know these things?

I suppose along with his "I want to be a piano player when I grow up", that maybe he'll do something with Geography or some sort of map thing as a career.

No comments: