Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Obsessions


OK, so you've read in our last post how the boys just want to read read read or play the piano all night long. Well, they have this other obsession lately of doing brain puzzlers or working on a comprehensive notebook all day long.

We can't get our oldest to stop reading through this brain puzzler book figuring out all the problems for a moment to do anything else.

Our 2nd son is so obsessed with working on this 2nd grade reading/math/grammar comprehension book, that I can't get him to do anything.

You'd think gee, you've been at school all day long and then you want to come home and do more school type workbook solving problems, answering questions, grammar type things?! Don't you want a break? Gee, I sure would, but then again, I guess I am not like these 2 little sponges.

I suppose I could look at my husband who looks at a computer all day at work, but yet comes home and continues to be on the computer for the rest of the day. I think---don't you need a break? But nope. Obsession.

At least they are good obsessions that the boys have. I should be thankful that it isn't video games or fighting, or whatever else there could be that isn't the greatest.

No comments: