Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Basic Electronics 101

For our oldest son's birthday, he received one of those electronic circuit lab kit things. (OK, so I'm not sure how to explain what it is, but I'm sure you can tell by the picture.)

All day long he has been creating new things with lights, sounds, or whatever else it is teaching him. It is interesting though that he comes to show me one project, but then comes again a minute later showing me how he figured out this or that to make two circuits signaling LCD? lights or what not, and he tells me that he just figured these things out himself.

I am so sad. I don't even know what he is talking about, and if you would look in the HUGE manual that he has it is like Chinese to me. And there aren't pictures or anything. I would be bored to death just reading about all these things, and yet he has been nose deep in this book for the last 3 days, and as you can see, brother is pretty excited about it too.


---Oh, and on a side note, we did meet with the district coordinator who then met with the teacher, and supposedly, things are going to become "less negative" in the classroom, but we are still keeping an eye on things and are getting an IEP organized.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love those things...Paul used to make a lie-detector...