Monday, August 16, 2010

Gifted in Music

While my cute gifted kids have amazed me with how much they know and how fast they read, it has always amazed me the most how easily they pick up learning a musical instrument.

Maybe it is because of their giftedness that it is so easy for them. I don't know. I know different kids can be gifted in different areas. It just keeps surprising me at how much these kids can accomplish. Maybe I am just jealous. I wish I could master an instrument.

Our cute little piano player is 7 years old now and about to compete in his first University piano competition this week. Here he is playing his pieces at a "practice recital"


And while he has always amazed me teaching himself to play the piano at only 4 years old, (he has been taking piano lessons now for a year with a wonderful teacher), I am now also amazed by my oldest son. He picked up a guitar and we let him start guitar lessons. After just 3 months he is able to play like this:


How do these kids do it? I mean it just seems to come so natural to them! I guess I love that their giftedness can spread from the classroom and go to the arts as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, how inspiiring! What song is your oldest playing there?